Thursday, April 14, 2011

This blog has been sorely neglected as of late. I'm hoping to post more often now that the school year is winding down. In fact, I (Amy) only have two weeks of classes left before finals! I'm looking forward to the break from classes, but getting a bit anxious about finding a summer job. I'm trusting that God has a plan for my time this summer, but having a tough time waiting patiently for Him to let me in on it ;-). Your prayers would be greatly appreciated. Job suggestions won't be turned down, either :-P. Despite the uncertainty in the job situation, I am so excited for summer! It is by far my favorite season of the year! I've been daydreaming about it just a bit lately, so I thought I'd share some of those daydreams with you. This summer, I picture myself:
  • Studying some of the weirder books of the Old Testament (probably starting with Numbers and Judges--it's been a while since I've read those)
  • Learning more about prayer and spiritual warfare
  • Riding bikes on the trails A LOT!!!!
  • Going for walks with my family
  • Playing guitar
  • Continuing to study Psalms and Proverbs with a friend
  • Painting on cards
  • Reading some good books out in the sunshine (Not sure which books yet. Suggestions???)
  • Helping my family host the weekly softball team ice cream sundae party. YUM!
  • Hosting some Young Adult get-togethers at our house
  • Babysitting
  • Spending a week with my grandparents
  • Volunteering at church and/or camp
  • Whatever else the Lord sends my way

What's on your to-do list for the summer?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

book suggestions: the joel rosenberg series, starting with the last jihad.
babysitting: i know of some kids that could need that if you are interested. :)

lorri

Hannah said...

Well, my summer is already looking full, as I am going to be taking Comp 2, Biology, and continuing with piano. But other than that, I hope to build my photography business and do a lot of photo sessions. AND, I hope sometime during the summer we can get together. :) It was so much fun to have you here last summer!

Many blessings, Hannah

Guntzel Girls said...

I would love to babysit for your kids, Lorri! I'll have to look into those books. I don't think I've seen them before.

I would also love to get together with you this summer, Hannah!

~Amy~