Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It Did!

Well, I asked for snow, and I got it! It snowed almost all day on New Year's Eve, and it was beautiful! I (Amy) have been on break from school for 2 1/2 weeks now, and it has been wonderful. So good to have time to relax with family, read books I actually want to read, reconnect with friends home on break, and reorganize my room. I've been working nearly every weekday, but even that has been pretty relaxing, since both offices I work in are pretty quiet during the break. We enjoyed a very nice Christmas with my dad's side of the family. Christmases at Bop and Nanny's house are always full of love, laughter, and lots of yummy food! We played a lot of games this year, and went for some nice long walks to get some exercise. Thanks, Bop and Nanny, for hosting us and for making every Christmas memorable. We love you bunches! So far, the New Year has been A. MA. ZING. Dad and Julie had to work New Year's Eve, and Mom had been invited to another party, so Katie and I started the year off right by hosting a party for young adults at our house. We played games, laughed a lot, and toasted with sparkling cider at midnight. Then a few friends stayed and talked into the wee hours of the morning. After everyone was gone, and my family had all come home and gone to bed, I stood over a sink full of soapy water and dishes. My eyelids were drooping, my feet were sore, and there was much cleaning to be done, but I had a big smile on my face. As I thought about each friend who had come to celebrate with us, I realized once again just how blessed I am. This year, like the last, will hold trials. At times, there will be worries, misunderstandings, sorrows, anger, and tears. There will be days when we feel like giving up. But for those of us who are in Christ, there will also be love. There will be peace. And hope. And unspeakable joy. Despite the hardships inherent to life in this fallen world, it will be a happy New Year, for "happy is that people whose God is the LORD." (Psalm 144:15)

No comments: