Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Thoughts for a Rainy Day...

Today is a rainy day.  If you're like me (Amy), you may need a little extra hope to thrive on days like this one.  I found some encouragement in the book of Job today, and wanted to share it with you.  Keep in mind that Job said these words after he'd lost everything except his wife and his life, and he was only hanging on to those by a thread.  His life was hanging in the balance due to some really nasty health conditions, so his wife was repulsed by him and told him to curse God and die.  Job was having a very rainy day, which ended up dragging on for many more days.  But he clung to the Truth that transcended his feelings and circumstances, and said,

"I know that my Redeemer lives,

and that in the end he will stand on the earth.

And after my skin has been destroyed,

yet in my flesh I will see God;

I myself will see him

with my own eyes—I, and not another.

How my heart yearns within me!"

(Job 19: 25-27, emphasis mine) 


Cling to this Truth, my friends!  No amount of rain can wash it away.

1 comment:

The Sisters said...

Great reminder! Thanks for sharing Amy!

Eliza