Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's/Birthday Party

Aren't these goreous? Our dad bought us three red roses, one for each of us. None of us had ever gotten flowers for Valentine's Day before, and red roses are my (Julie's) absolute favorite. What a wonderful guy! Our Dad doesn't really like the whole idea of buying flowers and candy and stuff for Valentine's Day; he thinks it's just a way for Hallmark to make a lot of money (which is the way most guys feel, I think). But he never fails to get our Mom a big bouquet of her favorite, carnations.
We had our Mom's side of the family over to celebrate Mom's and Amy's birthdays. We had heart-shaped sugar cookies with pink icing and melted chocolate drizzled on them, fishy crackers, dark chocolate kisses, and cupcakes that Amy and I decorated.
Amy used the melted chocolate to decorate the cupcakes, too. Aren't they precious?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cookies and muffins are sooooo cute! And by the way,

Happy birthday Amy! GOD BLESS YOU.

Hannah Taplin

Wisconsin Farmgirls said...

Hey Amy,
This is Chelsea! I use my mom's blog to comment on Freedom's Call... I hope to start my own some day in the near future. :)
Good to hear from you!