Tuesday, October 12, 2010

He Knows and He Cares

Hello friends! I (Amy) am in the middle of writing a big paper right now, but wanted to take a quick break to reconnect with the blog world and hopefully to encourage you a bit today. Disclaimer: I did not take the pictures below. I am being lame and posting the "sample pictures" that came with my laptop because I haven't taken any good ones recently, and because these ones are beautiful displays of God's creation ;-). In fact, I recently saw some beautiful yellow flowers like these on a walk with a friend. That counts for something, right?
Lately, life has been pretty crazy around here. We've had a lot to think about and a lot to do. One day I was feeling very overwhelmed and although I kept praying, I did not have peace. I knew that I needed some encouragement from the Word, so I asked God to show me what He wanted me to know that day. I flipped open my Bible to Psalm 34 and read these verses:
Psalm 34:4
I sought the LORD, and he answered me, he delivered me from all my fears.
I realized that sometimes it's my fear of circumstances, rather than the circumstances themselves, that keep me from trusting God and pressing on. The LORD can and will deliver me from those fears if I seek Him.
Psalm 34:5
Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.
If I want my life to be a shining light to those around me, I've got to look to Him for guidance.
Psalm 34:18
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
God knows. He knows what I'm going through. He knows about my heartaches, my desires, my confusion, and my yearning for Him. In fact, He knew about those things long before I was even born. And best of all, He cares and He is close.
I could go on, but it'd be better if you open up God's Word and read it for yourself. If you're looking for some encouragement, open up to Psalm 34. Know that we have a compassionate King who provides abundantly for His children.
He knows and He cares.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice post amy, i needed that! I have also been taking comfort from the Psalms!

Lorri