Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Cookies

Last year, I (Julie) baked a bunch of Christmas cookies and gave them out in little goodie bags to the customers and truck drivers that come into Kal's. I had so much fun that I decided to do it again this year. Yesterday, I got all the cookies out of the freezer and packaged them up.These are all the ice cream buckets I had them stored in. I realize now that I didn't set them up very well to be identified in a picture, but I'll try. Top row (L-R): Buttery Spritz, Sugar Cookies, Peanut Butter Shortbread, Three Color somethings (oops, I forgot the name). Second row: Andes Mint Sugar cookies, Chocolate Wrapped Peppermint cookies, Butter Ball Chiffons, Cranberry Walnut cookies, Roly-Poly Gingerbread. Third row: Buttermilk Pralines, Linzer Tart cookies, Spice Spritz, Chocolate Cherry Cappuccino Bites, Raspberry Thumbprints. Fourth row: Cherry Bon-bons, Snowy Eggnog Teacakes, Ginger Wafers, Dazzling Stained Glass cookies, and Candy Cane cookies. I had so much fun making all these, but the best part is making someone's day with a bag of cookies. I do get a lot of surprised looks; no one really expects to come into a lumberyard and walk out with a bag of Christmas cookies!

7 comments:

Guntzel Girls said...

You're amazing, big sis! Those truck drivers are going to be so happy! Have fun handing out cookies!

~Amy~

Guntzel Girls said...

You're amazing, big sis! Those truck drivers are going to be so happy! Have fun handing out cookies!

~Amy~

Guntzel Girls said...

Oops, I didn't mean to publish that twice. My computer is still being weird. Sorry!

~Amy~

The Sisters said...

Mmmmmm...you're making me hungry! ;)
Wow! They look great, Julie!
~Eliza

The Sisters said...

All I can say is WOW!

Anonymous said...

o my gosh thay look so yummmy! love taylor

Hannah T. said...

Wow Julie...They look amazing! Amy said that's what you were doing when I was talking to her on the phone, so I'm glad I get to see the results! Do you have any favorite recipes you use? Or do you get them off the internet? I've found that www.allrecipes.com is a GREAT resource.

Many Blessings, Hannah T.