Monday, December 14, 2009

Winter Formal 2009

Last Saturday was the date of our youth group's annual Winter Formal Alternative entitled "A Night in Paris." We host this event each year to give teenagers the opportunity to enjoy dressing up, fine dining, and dancing in a Christ-honoring atmosphere. We strongly encourage chivalry and modesty, and we always have a lovely time. This year we set a record for attendance: I believe that around 80 students attended! We began the evening by meeting in our church's foyer for pictures and punch, then moved in to the multi-purpose room for a catered dinner. Everything was decorated so beautifully! Later we drove over to a local community center, which was already covered in Parisian-inspired decor. We danced the night away and then returned to church to get some much-needed sleep. I loved it, and can hardly wait until alternative prom in May! These pictures aren't the best quality, so if I get some better ones from friends, I will have to post them. My mom insisted that we get a picture of me with my dad before I left. He wasn't too thrilled about getting his picture taken, and asked, "Why in the world would you want a picture of Beauty and the Beast?!" :-)
I love this dress. I bought it at a second-hand store for $20. (I have been to formal four times, and have never spent more than $31 on a dress!) I will try to take a close-up of it sometime so you can see the detailed flower pattern and the sparkles!

3 comments:

The Sisters said...

Beautiful!!!
~Eliza

Hannah said...

You are SOOOOOOOO beautiful Amy! Love you lots...

Hannah T.

Anonymous said...

You look so lovely, Amy! As usual!

Chelsea