Sunday, November 14, 2010

Promises

"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow."
This is what we woke up to this morning. I (Julie) love snow. I love winter. I love the reminder of being washed as white as snow. As I watched the snow come down last night, it was like every flake whispered ...pure ...clean ...forgiven ...new creation ...beautiful ...peace. Snowfalls are one of those things that I think God sends sometime specifically for me. Not in a selfish or conceited way, but like I was saying before, sometimes it's like God wants to send me a love letter, and I read snowfalls so clearly. A skeptic could say, duh, you live in Minnesota; it's not like it only snows once in a blue moon - don't think those snowfalls are just for you. Yes, Mr. Skeptic, I may live in Minnesota, but you don't know my Jesus. He delights to show His love for me. Especially when I am anxious or worried, a snowfall brings an all-encompassing feeling of peace. Yesterday was a perfect example. I was so anxious all day about something that was going to happen last night (so anxious that I could only eat 5 Saltines for supper), and as the time was getting closer, I looked out the window to see the beauty of God's peace floating softly down. I was still nervous, but instead of the thing I was nervous about being the biggest thing in my mind, I decided to focus instead on His promises. And, lo and behold, the thing I was anxious about went just fine. We serve an awesome God that can show all that by sending frozen precipitation down from the sky.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I discovered something wonderful today- and it wasn't the snow, it is your blog!! It may take me a while to read all the posts from the beginning but I hope to! And yes, the snow is beautiful but I don't quite see it as a love letter. It's lovely and calming until I have to drive in it!

The Sisters said...

It is great that God can bring peace in such a little thing as a snowflake!
Katelyn

Guntzel Girls said...

Despite its being a little vague toward the end ;-P, I (Amy) love this post ;-). I definitely think that God sometimes sends those little reminders our way just because He delights in showing us His love and power.
Laurie, I'm so glad you found our blog! Hope you enjoy reading the archives and that you stay safe on these slippery roads!

~Amy~

Anonymous said...

ya i woke up this morning with tianna ness {she spent the night} and i said to her o my gosh its white outside imeanht to say its snowing but i said its white and she laughed and she was happy and i was a little bit but when we got nhome from church we payed out side and then she got atakked by ZIP and i felt sooooo bad!

~love Taylor