Friday, May 15, 2009

Second Chances

Our great grandmother, Harriet Elmblad, whom most everyone affectionately called "Great Nanny," was a published poet. I love to read through the sweet words she penned, knowing that many were written for, and about, my loved ones. As I read through her book entitled "In Pictures of Silver" (see Proverbs 25:11), the following poem caught my eye and I wanted to share it with you today. May you be blessed by it as I have been!
Starting Anew
"Today's the first day of the rest of your life" has an impact on plans for TODAY.
No matter what happened before--it is gone--the past is a short prayer away.
We have a new start--a beginning again that's not based on anything past.
We've a chance to commence a new, fantastic life, with the promise of peace that can last.
Thank You, Lord for second chances, for grace and healing, and for new beginnings. Thanks for casting our sins as far from us as the east is from the west, and for giving us courage and strength to start over.

No comments: