Sunday, May 24, 2009

Praise the Lord!

I have a very good explanation for my total lack of posting this week...my family and I have had the opportunity of working with dear friends from church to organize our annual Missions Garage Sale. The proceeds were to go toward a missions trip to Poland, as well as our trip to Mexico. You should have seen all of the things the congregation donated to the sale! Our gym (which is larger than a full-sized basketball court) was jam-packed!!! We were all just praying that lots of people would come and that we would sell a lot of the items. God answered our prayers in amazing ways. People were at the door twenty-five minutes before the sale started, and at some points we had over sixty customers at once! The proceeds hit a record high, and a local charitable organization offered to take all of the leftover items when the sale was over! God is so good to us!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

That sounds like so much fun! I would have been one of the 25 people waiting outside the door if I lived closer!

Rose said...

Isn't it amazing what God can do? I'm so happy for you guys. One of my friends that's also going on the mission trip with me will be doing the same thing to raise money.

Hannah said...

I'm so glad you're posting again Amy! Love you! ~Hannah T.~