Thursday, May 14, 2009

Spring

The picture above was taken by our dear friend Melanie last summer, but it reminded me of the weather today, and it is so beautiful that I wanted to share it with you. Now that it's almost summer, spring seems to be just making its appearance here in MN! If you love unpredictable weather, this is definitely the place to be! Where else does it hit 70 degrees one day and drop to 27 degrees within fourteen hours? Despite the chilly start this morning, though, the evening was beautiful! I (Amy) was blessed to be able to enjoy it with my some of my best friends: Mrs. T. and her daughters, Katelyn and Eliza. After a brief practice session for an upcoming wedding at which we will be singing and playing our instruments, we partook of some fabulous fajitas, chips and salsa, and fruit. Very yummy! After dinner, we headed outside for a brisk walk around their lovely neighborhood. It was so refreshing, and it felt so good to exercise and chat! Then we watched a very sweet chick flick which was thoroughly enjoyed by all, ate some amazing caramel sundaes and talked and talked. I am so incredibly blessed to have such sweet and fun friends! Thank You Lord!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

This sounds like a perfect day! I loved the day we took those pictures too...gorgeous sunshine!!

Thanks for the glimpse into your day, Amy! I felt refreshed just reading it!

Freedom's Call Band said...

So you DID post when you got home!
Katelyn

Freedom's Call Band said...

I had so much fun yesterday, Amy!!! Thanks for coming over! By the way, I'm still sniffling from our "sweet chick flick" which was also really really sad! :)
Eliza

Guntzel Girls said...

Yes, Katelyn...I'm such a night owl! Even after getting home around 10:15 or so, I wasn't tired enough to go to bed! Plus I just had to share our fabulous evening with everyone!

~Amy~