Monday, November 23, 2009

Oh, Deer!

Well, deer hunting season is officially over here in MN, so I guess I better post a picture of my poor dead deer. I hunt over at my aunt and uncle's house, and I shot this year's deer on opening day at 72 yards from a tree stand in their woods. She is a nice-sized doe, and I shot her through the spine, so she felt no pain (just thought you soft-hearted animal lovers might like to know that).
Here she is after being gutted (by my dad) and driven up to the house.
I always hunt with my dad, and I really enjoyed sitting in the stand with him this year. It was a beautiful day--the sun was shining and it got up to 55 degrees in the afternoon! We even got to see a squirrel climb a tree about three feet from our faces. It was sooo cool! And despite the feigned melancholy in a previous section of this post, I think you should all know that I really do love deer hunting. I love having one-on-one time with my dad, I love carefully scoping out the area for any sign of deer activity, I love how excited we both get when we finally spot a deer, and I love how proud Dad looks when I shoot the deer! Thank You, Lord, for another safe, fun, and productive hunting season with my daddy!

1 comment:

The Sisters said...

Good job Amy! What a great way to connect with your dad.
Katelyn