Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

Hello friends! Amy here. I just checked the archives and discovered that it has been well over two months since my last post. Pathetic, I know! Julie has been doing a great job at adding updates, but I have been waiting to get back to the blog world for a long time, and I decided tonight would be the night. "Why tonight?" you ask. Well.....
(drumroll please)......
I just turned in my very last research paper of the school year!!!!!!!!
YIPPEE!!!!!
Okay, so I may be overreacting a bit, but I am very excited about this. Granted, I still have several small assignments to complete before I am free for the summer, but this is a major milestone of the semester and I can now see the light at the end of this tunnel!
I thought I would take a few minutes to let you know some of what's been going on in my/our world during the past two months.
Here are a few of the highlights and lowlights (I'll let you guess which ones fit into each category:-).
1. School and homework have taken up the majority of my Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, plus a few Saturday and Sunday nights here and there.
2. I have continued my internship a couple of days a week and have learned a lot!
3. I have continued serving on the Youth Leadership Team at church and have had a ton of fun working with the other leaders in setting up events and studying God's Word.
4. The twins are still coming three days a week to keep us on our toes and fill our days with love and laughter.
5. Mom, Julie and I have been attending Beth Moore's "Breaking Free" Bible study every Monday night and have learned a lot about conquering the devil's strongholds.
6. Katie took a spill off of a four-wheeler. She dislocated her elbow and chipped a few fragments off the bones in her arm. She is healing up very nicely, though, and should regain most of the range of motion in her arm. We praise the Lord for protecting her from further injury.
7. I have been planning my graduation open house and several other senior projects while working my way through the application process at the local state college.
8. I have been passively searching for a summer job. If anyone has any good ideas, I would love to hear them!
9. This past weekend, Julie and I were blessed with the opportunity to travel with 69 other believers down to the Districts Spring Blitz in Rochester, MN. There we worshipped with a wonderful band, listened to some fantastic speakers, and attended seminars on various topics relevant to the Christian life. In between planned sessions, we had a lot of time to talk, play, shop, tour, and laugh with some great friends. A weekend away was just what I needed to remind me to relax, spend time with the Lord, and to focus on encouraging people around me.
Spring can be such a busy time for a lot of people (myself included). If you're feeling frazzled, you're not alone. Be encouraged: God cares about the smallest details of your day and He will give you the strength not only to survive, but to thrive, as you seek His will and trust in His grace. Hang in there!
Love,
Amy

No comments: