Friday, May 7, 2010

Nothing like a little snow to put us in the mood for.....

CAMPING?!!?!!?!!?
That's right! Dad, Julie, Katie, and I (Amy) are leaving in just a few short hours to head for a campground a couple hours north of here. We are taking with three young children, who are friends of ours, and planning to meet up with several other families for our annual Mother's Day weekend No Mom's Allowed camping trip. Are we nuts? Probably! Trust me, I played every card I had to try and postpone the trip (except for tears, which I save for dire emergencies ;-), but our resident die-hard camper is standing firm. So, my plan is to dress warm, move a lot, and drink several gallons of Russian tea. Thankfully, we older girls get to sleep in a camper overnight, while our Dad braves the cold with the younger kids in a tent. You can be praying for us all to keep positive attitudes and to try and make this trip as much fun as possible. If nothing else, we should all gain some valuable hypothermia survival tips from the weekend! We'll let you know how it went when we get back on Sunday (or should I say "if we get back"....;-). For the record, I LOVE camping, but I love it a whole lot more when the temperature is above freezing and there are no puddles inside the tent. Wish us luck!
Here are some pictures of the scenes outside our windows this afternoon! Enjoy!

4 comments:

The Sisters said...

Ah, yes...the wonderful snowfall in May!!! Stay warm camping (if that's possible ;)
~Eliza

Anonymous said...

brrrr.... stay warm if you can.

lorri

Hannah said...

Hope you stay warm, Amy! God bless you!

Hannah

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness!! SNOW! Wowee...that is so...Minnesotan and I just love it! Can't wait to hear how your camping trip goes.