Thursday, March 10, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things...

Yesterday, I (Amy) was babysitting some little ones at church during a women's Bible study. We were in the middle of a game of Hide-and-Go-Seek, and a nine-year-old boy was the seeker. I was hiding behind a door, and I heard him exclaim "I see you!" three times as he found each of the other children. Then he said, "Now we just need to find Amy." The other children joined him in the search, and I heard them walking in and out of the surrounding rooms. As he walked past my door, I overheard the nine-year-old asking himself aloud, "Now where would I hide if I were HUGE?"

5 comments:

The Sisters said...

That's too funny! How does it feel to be considered "huge"? ;)
The perspective of kids can definitely brighten a day!
~Eliza

Anonymous said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

the above anonymous was me!

Lorri

Molly said...

BAHAHAHA!
Huge is the LAST word I would ever use to describe you.
Dainty-yes.
Beautiful- yes.
But HUGE? Uhhh no.

Melissa D said...

I really LOVE kids!! :) I get the best comments from the kids when I help out at Lincoln, and it just brightens my day!
One day I was in the kindergarten class that I help out in a lot, and this particular day I was not wearing a Sweatshirt like I did before, and the group I was working with kept saying I looked different... then one little girl screamed, YOU LOOK SKINNIER!!! haha I didn't know what to say and laughed! (thought I'd share with you)
PS- YOU'RE not HUGE