Monday, October 26, 2009

Girls Night

On Friday night, our mom got together with some of the other moms from our parents' Bible Study, and so some of us girls decided to get together too. What a fun night! Kayla made the main dish for our potluck: macaroni and cheese!
We also enjoyed apple slices dipped in caramel. L-R: Anna, Kayla, me (Julie), and Katie.
No, I did not eat the whole pan of brownies! They were delicious, and I was tempted, but I restrained myself. Thanks for the yummy treat, Roberta!
After supper, we played Pick One. It is played with Scrabble letters, and everyone draws 7 letters to begin with. The first one to use all their letters (in real words) says, "Pick one." And then everyone draws one more letter, and tries to use that one, and you keep going until you can't draw any more letters. Then you count up your points like in Scrabble. A very fun game, but be sure to keep the dictionary handy! L-R: Roberta, Kayla, Katie, me, Anna (Amy was taking the picture)
Amy's Pick One words. I think she won. She always does.
After Pick One, some of the girls went in the hot tub. Kayla's mom had gotten all these gourds and paints so we could decorate them. I started on mine when everyone else got in the hot tub, and I was still working on it when everyone got out. Since the other girls didn't start theirs until the got out of the hot tub, I didn't get pictures of any other ones because they were still drying.
I had a lot of fun decorating it, but it was just like when I sit down to decorate Christmas cookies. I start thinking that I will just do something simple, and there I am, hours later, still working on it. Oh well. Snowmen just make me smile!

No comments: