Friday, October 9, 2009

Refreshed

This morning, I (Julie) woke up feeling so refreshed and joyful. The cause of this is my wonderful sister Amy. Last night, our parents and Katie had to go somewhere at about 5:45. Amy and I finished doing the dishes, then we each got a bowl of ice cream (raspberry jam and malt powder on hers, caramel sauce and chocolate chips on mine), and sat down in the living room right about 6:00. We were still sitting there when the rest of our family got home at 9:00! How I love talking with her! If anyone ever needs encouragement, something to make them laugh, or just someone to listen, Amy is the person. We talked about everything, and we could have talked for at least three hours more I'm sure. Thanks, Amy, for a delightful evening!

3 comments:

Guntzel Girls said...

Awww, that's just about the sweetest thing anyone's ever said about me! Thanks, Jules! I love you so much, and I am so grateful to have a big sister who listens to me, sets a wonderful example for me, and encourages me to follow God more closely every day. I really needed our talk last night, so thanks!
~Amy~

Melanie said...

This post is so sweet, it nearly made me cry. And made me miss my sisters too. Thanks for sharing the refreshment Julie.

Hannah said...

Exactly what I think! I LOVE getting e-mails from her and better yet, seeing her!

Thanks for being such a GREAT friend Amy!

Hannah T.