Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Amy!

Tomorrow my wonderful sister will turn 18! As a present, how about everyone leave a comment for her. It can be a simple 'Happy Birthday,' or maybe you want to tell her why her friendship means so much to you, or maybe share a special memory. I will start: Amy, I love seeing the love of God flowing out from you to those around you. You are always ready to listen to me when I talk, and you understand when I just need to be silent. You push me to set aside my own will and follow that of our Lord. You are wise beyond your years, and I look forward to having our deep theological conversations again. I know I can always count on you to pick me up when I am sad or frustrated. God gave our family a great blessing in you, and we love you so much! Have a good day, Beloved!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I hope you have a great b-day tomorrow!

Lorri

Guntzel Girls said...

Julie, thanks for that amazing birthday post! Abi gave me a big piece of birthday cake tonight at youth group, and Jerry lit my candle and sang "Happy Birthday!" It was soooo fun! I love you very much! See you soon!

~Amy~

Melanie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMY!! You inspire me in so many ways...a few of them are the way you love God and it is so obvious, the way you honor your parents, the way you love your sisters, and the way you don't easily give up on things (like learning a difficult harmony part). I pray that the Lord will bless your day!

Hannah T. said...

Dear Amy,

Happy Birthday! You bless me in so many ways that I don't know where to start! BUT, I'll try to list some of them...

First of all, I LOVE e-mailing with you. I e-mail a lot of people, but "Amy Guntzel" is my favorite name to see in the inbox!

Second of all, I love sharing encouraging scriptures with you and having you do the same for me. I also love having someone to exchange prayer requests with.

Thirdly, I just feel blessed to have you as a friend. I know we live a long ways from each other and I'd love to see you in person more, but e-mailing is definitely the second-best option!

I pray for you often am so thankful for our friendship.

Have a wonderful 18th birthday, Amy! I love you!


Hannah

The Sisters said...

Amy,
You have been such a special friend! I am so blessed. I love to have a friend like you that thinks in the same way! :)
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Sisters said...

Sorry, that was Katelyn, I forgot to say who it was!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Amy!
I love and miss your heart. You have such a love for our Jesus. It was an example and for me when I was younger and I appreciate it in you still! You are so beautiful!
Chelsea

The Sisters said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Love ya!
~Eliza