Friday, February 12, 2010

So Very Much to be Grateful for....

Hello all! It's been a while since I (Amy) have posted anything, and I've been looking forward to blogging again. Yes, I am now officially eighteen. My dear Christian friends have been reminding me that this means I can legally smoke tobacco and join the military :-). I can also be tried as an adult and vote in upcoming elections. Don't worry--I only plan on exercising one of those rights (I hope you can guess which one! ;-). Thank you all so much for your encouraging comments on my birthday post. I had a great birthday! I went out for supper with my cousin Hannah, then went back to my house to open presents with my family. They gave me so many sweet, thoughtful gifts!
The past few nights, as I wrote in my prayer journal before hitting the hay, I realized how very much I have to be grateful for. All too often I am overwhelmed by the struggles of the day, and my prayers are consumed with pleas and petitions. I start to worry about the future, and I forget that I am praying to the God who created a universe, parted the waters, calmed stormy seas, healed the blind, and raised the dead! But when I remember those things, as well as everything the Lord has done in my own life, I am filled with such a peace and gratitude that words cannot even begin to explain. So tonight I want to share just a few of the things I am grateful for.....
More than anything else, I am grateful for the redeeming power of Christ Jesus my Lord. He has truly turned my darkness into light and given me life more abundantly!
I am so thankful for my parents, who have brought me up in a body of believers, loved me unconditionally, and corrected me with gentleness through the years.
I am very blessed to have two dear sisters who are also two of my very best friends.
I am grateful to be part of a church that teaches the Bible as absolute truth and that provides countless opportunities for my family and I to serve the Lord by serving others.
I am thankful to be surrounded by friends that care about me and my walk with the Lord. You all are a major source of encouragement and refreshment to me! May the Lord bless you as you give thanks to Him.
Psalm 146: 1 & 2
Praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD, O my soul.
I will praise the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

1 comment:

Hannah T. said...

So true, Amy... thank you for the encouragment! Yes, there is so much to be greateful for.

Again, Happy Birthday! I so enjoyed talking with you on the phone last night. We'll have to do that more!

I love you! Hannah