Sunday, February 7, 2010

Top Ten Reasons I Miss My Big Sister

I (Amy) am starting to really, really miss Julie, and she won't be home for another week! So, I am making a list of ten reasons I wish she was here. Drum roll, please! Here they are (in no particular order):
10.) Even though the birthday cake I made for Mom tasted really good (if I do say so myself ;-), my decorating job was waaaaaay below Julie's skill level.
9.) I am running out of blog post ideas :-o.
8.) Going for walks without my favorite walking buddy is not nearly as much fun!
7.) There's no one around to help me with my homework.
6.) Not many of my friends enjoy pondering my deep theological questions with me the way she does ;-).
5.) Hearing her laugh always makes my day brighter.
4.) I can't wait to eat one of her dinners again!
3.) I miss her advice on friendships, family relationships, school life, and guys.
2.) There's so much I want to tell her every day when I get home, but when I dance down the hall to her room, she's not there :-(.
1.) I miss her shining example of selfless service and bold integrity.
Well, all that to say........I can't wait 'til you come home, Jules! Don't get me wrong; I hope you're having the time of your life, and I am so glad you got to do this! Just know that I will be very happy to have you back safe and sound.
All my love,
Amy
P.S.: As much as I hate to release these to the public ;-), I guess it's only fair that you get to see the infamous birthday cake. I've posted some pictures of it below. And if you haven't seen them before, check out the archives to see some of Julie's fabulous cakes!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Hello Amy!

I think the birthday cake looks pretty good! But Julie does a wonderful job too.

And by the way, I just watched the "kissing fish" movie and laughed so hard!

Love you lots! Hannah

The Sisters said...

It tasted great Amy, thanks for sharing with us!
Katelyn

The Sisters said...

Well, it's the taste that counts, right? ;)
It was delicious!!! Thanks for the little treat package! :)
~Eliza